Foraging Intro Course
Time & Location
About the Event
A 3 hour tuition course with an expert from Forage Box, which includes ID guidance, trying wild ingredients and a walk in the beautiful Cheshire countryside. Each ticket also includes a hot drink.
This course is designed to get you as involved as possible - this includes identifying, picking and tasting a range of wild plants that will be found on the day. There will also be lots of samples of food and drink for everyone to get stuck into!
What you can expect from a Foraging Workshop by Forage Box:
- a short introduction outlining foraging tips, ethics, etiquette and law
- a circular walking route taking in different growing environments around Into The Wild's woodland and surrounding countryside.
- a closer look at edible wild plants and fungi, along with any poisonous lookalikes by a professional forager.
- small tasters of wild food, drink and preserves. These may include liqueurs, syrups, salts, jams, wines and even freshly-picked items straight from the hedgerow!
- each course is run with in an informal fashion, where attendee questions and contributions are more than welcome
- our foraging workshops can be tailored to suit certain mobility requirements. Please do get in touch in advance of buying your tickets to discuss this further.
Well-behaved dogs may attend these events but must be kept on a lead at all times. Over 16's only.
What to bring:
- Weather-appropriate clothing (incl waterproofs)
- Walking boots or similar
- Bottle of water
- Proof of ticket purchase
- Hand sanitizer
Parking and where to meet:
Parking at Ashley Mill Lane can be a bit tight, so workshop attendees are encouraged to walk or cycle if possible. If you do choose to drive to the venue, please be considerate when leaving your car and do not block gates or access for other road users. The workshop will begin and end at Into The Wild's woodland site - look for signs for 'Foraging Workshops' and 'Forage Box'.
Our workshops are organised with your safety as the top priority, and will follow any current government rules or guidance in place at the time of the workshop.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU ARE LIVING WITH SHOWS ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS. The safety of our tutors and workshop attendees is paramount - please do not take risks.
All images property of Forage Box or the talented Karen Herman Wright (@karenhermanwright)
Always wild. Always sustainable. Always delicious.
- Foraging Intro Course£45£450£0